There are approximately 2,900 street lights throughout Santee. Of these street lights, approximately 1,700 are owned by the City of Santee and 1,200 by San Diego Gas and Electric. They are repaired and maintained to ensure adequate nighttime visibility. The City’s contract vendor for street light maintenance is Southwest Traffic Service, Inc. The contractor replaces burned out street light blubs as they are reported. Please allow 1 to 14 working days for completion of the street light repair. To report a burned out street light, follow the procedures below:
I. Obtain Information
- Street name and address where street light is located. Indicate if pole is in front of, across from, or in-between the address given. If there is no specific address, then determine how many street lights it is from an intersection and which side of the street. Exact location is very important because they are repaired during the daytime.
- Nearest cross street.
- Your name, spelling (if calling) and daytime phone number.
II. Report Information to any one of the following:
- Daytime or Voice Mail: (619) 258-4100 extension 167. Speak slowly and clearly and give all necessary information.
- You can also email us your information.
- Fax: (619) 562-9376 (include your daytime phone number).
Last updated date: 2/16/2012 3:46:24 PM