City of Santee
Park Rules and Regulations
The City of Santee welcomes you to your public parks and hopes your experience is an enjoyable one. In order to assure your visit is safe and enjoyable for all park patrons, we ask that you adhere to the following Park Rules and Regulations:
Big Rock Park, Mast Park, Santee Mini Park, Shadow Hill Park, Sky Ranch Park and Woodglen Vista Park: Dawn to dusk, year-round.
West Hills Park and Town Center Community Park: Dawn to 10:00 pm. (Sports Complex until 12:00 am.)
No park use after hours. (SMC12.28.070)
• Beer and wine are permitted in parks. Alcohol is not permitted at Mast Park Monday through Friday without a City-issued permit. Liquor is not permitted in any Santee park. (SMC 12.28.040 and 12.28.220)
• Glass containers or keg beer are not allowed in any Santee Park, unless a permit is obtained from the Community Services Department. (SMC 12.28.040 and 12.28.220)
• Picnic shelters and other park facilities are available on a first come, first served basis unless previously reserved by a City-issued permit. (SMC 12.28.030) Park Reservation Fees
• Inflatables, air jumps, outdoor apparatus and petting zoos are allowed in selected park areas by permit only. Horses, ponies or other hooved animals are not allowed on park grounds, except on the equestrian trail in Mast Park.
• No smoking allowed within the boundaries of the playgrounds or tot lots. (Health and Saf. Code section 104495)
• No smoking allowed within 20 feet of main entrances, exits and operable windows of public buildings. (Gov. Code sections 19994.30, 19994.33)
• Permits can be obtained at the Community Services Department Office, 10601 Magnolia Avenue, Building 6. Office hours are Monday through Thursday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. The office is closed on weekends and most holidays.
• Fires are permitted only in barbeque grills. (SMC 12.28.120)
• All vehicles must remain on designated paved areas and parking lots. (SMC 12.28.170 and 12.28.290)
• No person shall play or practice golf or swing any golf club within the premises of any City park. (SMC 12.28.140)
• Please place all trash and litter in trash cans.
• Pets must be on a leash at all times with the exception of designated days, times and locations. (SMC 12.28.190)
• All pet waste must be properly disposed.
Instructors and Businesses Using Park Property
Pet owners are allowed to take their pets to Big Rock Park, Mast Park and Woodglen Vista Park to let their pets exercise without being constricted by a leash during specified days and times subject to the following rules:
• Dogs must be licensed.
• Dogs must be under effective voice control.
• Owner must clean up after pet.
• Dogs must be prevented from biting or harassing any person or another animal.
• Dogs must be kept out of playground and landscape areas, sports courts and picnic areas.
The Woodglen Vista Dog Park will be closed May 13- June 18, 2013 for grass repair and regrowth.
The ball field at Woodglen Vista will be open limited hours for dog use during that time
Mon -Fri Dawn-3pm*
Sat & Sun Dawn-Dusk*
*(Due to special event reservations the ball field will be open for off leash dog use on Mon 5/27 from dawn to noon only, on Sat 6/8 from 6pm – dusk only, and Sun 6/9 from 1pm-dusk only)
Youth leagues have the field reserved after 3pm Mon-Fri.
Big Rock Park Mast Park Woodglen Vista Park
Animal Control: (619) 236-4250
Park Information: (619) 258-4100 ext. 222
Park Maintenance: (619) 258-4195 ext. 100
Last updated date: 5/9/2013 4:50:48 PM